Friday, May 25, 2018

Fear And Deception Lead To Havoc!


'Fear And Deception Lead To Havoc.'
Genesis 20:8-11.
a)  Genesis 20:8. Early in the morning, Abimelech called together all of his officials. 
b)  Genesis 20:8. They were all so fearful as a result of Abraham's lie. 
c)  Genesis 20:9-10. Abimelech called Abraham, he asked him: 
1-"What have you done?"
2-"How have I offended you?'
3-"That you should bring on me and my kingdom a great sin."
4-"You have done things to me that should not have been done."
5-"What were you thinking when you did this?"
d)  Genesis 20:11. Abraham answered: "I thought that because there no God-fearing people in this place, I'd be killed because of my wife."
(Through this QT I understand that Fear And Deception Lead To Havoc)
PRAYER: That our lives be free from Fear And Deception.
---------
'The Old And The New.'
John 1:17. 
a)  For the Law
b)  Was given through Moses;
c)  Grace and Truth
d)  Came through Jesus Christ.
(This Second one reminds me of the sources of The Old And The New)
PRAYER: Thank God for His Law, Grace and Truth.
---------
Chris. 
Abimelech did not simply struggle in his heart with what Abraham had done, he called Abraham and confronted him. Abraham confessed his fear in front of Abimelech. It is very obvious to me that although Abraham was a "hero of Faith", he was definitely not a good husband. Fear and deception came into Abraham's life because of this situation. We can learn many good lessons from the Old Testament "heroes of Faith", but none of them were perfect. Only the Lord is perfect!


Unusual Miracles!

  'Unusual Miracles' Acts 19:11-12. a)  And God was doing  b)  Extraordinary miracles c)  By the hands of Paul, d)  So that even han...