Sunday, December 25, 2011

I Have Faith In The Lord!


‘I Have Faith In The Lord.’
Philippians 2:24.
This is a very positive statement of Faith: I have Faith in the Lord. Some other translations are also very positive here. Let’s be encouraged to have Faith in the Lord.
a) I have confidence from the Lord.
b) I am convinced in the Lord.
c) I trust in the Lord.
d) I am confident in the Lord.
(This QT encourages my Faith so much: I Have Faith In The Lord)
----------
‘Faith And Works.’
James 2:18-25.
a) James 2:18. Our Faith is made clear to other people by our works.
b) James 2:19-20. Faith without works is useless.
c) James 2:21. Faith and works, the example of Abraham.
d) James 2:22. Abraham’s Faith was helping his works and was made complete by them.
e) James 2:23. The Old Testaments says:-
1- Abraham had Faith in God.
2- God put it to Abraham’s account as Righteousness.
3- Abraham was named “The Friend of God”.
f) James 2:24. A person’s Righteousness is judged by their works and not by their Faith only.
g) James 2:25. The example of Rahab.
(Through this Second one I understand more about the relationship of Faith And Works)
----------
Chris.
I trust in the Lord! Every True Believer should be able to say that. Trusting the Lord is something that is very personal and silent and yet it makes our lives as True Believers strong in the Lord. The word “trust” is not a word that has to be often expressed, it is simply there in our hearts.

Unusual Miracles!

  'Unusual Miracles' Acts 19:11-12. a)  And God was doing  b)  Extraordinary miracles c)  By the hands of Paul, d)  So that even han...