Monday, March 28, 2011

Our Eyes!


‘Our Eyes.’
a) Proverbs 20:12. They are necessary and precious, made by the Lord.
b) Judges 16:28; Psalm 38:10. To lose their sight is tragic.
c) Luke 11:34. Are a lamp for our body.
d) Genesis 13:14. Can receive the Promises of God.
e) Genesis 21:19. Can be specially observant, opened by the Lord.
f) Genesis 27:1. May become weak in our old age.
(This QT makes me so grateful to God for My Eyes)
----------
‘We Should Learn From Solomon’s Prayer.’
1 Kings 3:11-13.
a) 1 Kings 3:11. Solomon did not ask God for:-
1- Blessing.
2- Long Life.
3- Riches.
4- The death of his enemies.
b) 1 Kings 3:11. Solomon asked for understanding and discernment in administering justice and judgment.
c) 1 Kings 3:12. God answered Solomon’s prayer and gave to him a wise and understanding heart.
d) 1 Kings 3:13. God gave Solomon in addition to the things that he requested:-
1- Wealth.
2- Honour.
3- Supremacy amongst kings.
(Through this Second one I know that I Should Learn From Solomon’s Prayer)
----------
Chris.
I am so grateful to God for my eyes, I think we should all be too. As a child 54 or 55 years ago, I had surgery on my eyes which meant, in those days, a long time in hospital. I thank God for the success of that surgery which has given me a life time of seeing. Now, my eyes are becoming weaker and my eyeglasses are becoming stronger but I can still thank God for my eyes.

Unusual Miracles!

  'Unusual Miracles' Acts 19:11-12. a)  And God was doing  b)  Extraordinary miracles c)  By the hands of Paul, d)  So that even han...