Saturday, March 24, 2012

We Should Not Praise Ourselves!


‘We Should Not Praise Ourselves.’
Proverbs 27:2.
a) Let another person praise us.
b) Our own mouths should not praise ourselves.
c) A stranger or someone else may praise us.
d) Our own lips should not give ourselves self praise.
(This QT guides me to know that I Should Not Praise Myself)
-----------------
‘Our Repentance Is A Part Of God’s Big Plan!
Acts 3:19-21.
a) Acts 3:19. The normal process in coming to God:-
1- Repentance.
2- Turning to God.
3- Knowing that our sins are blotted out.
b) Acts 3:19. Then seasons of refreshing come from the Presence of the Lord.
c) Acts 3:20. Then we can know and experience Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour, this is God’s appointment for us.
d) Acts 3:21. Jesus Christ will remain in Heaven until the time for the final Restoration of all things.
e) Acts 3:21. This is God’s Promise through the ages, even through the Prophets of the Old Testament.
(This Second one helps me to realise that my Salvation is for God’s Glory and not my own: My Repentance Is A Part Of God’s Big Plan)
-----------------
Chris.
I am sometimes embarrassed by praise from other people. When people respond to me in such a way I ask them to Praise the Lord and to give Glory to Him. Servants of the Lord should never minister in such a way as to attract attention or praise for themselves as they serve. Frankly, it is sin. All we do and say should be for the Glory of God, not for the glory of man and not for the glory of the local church.

Unusual Miracles!

  'Unusual Miracles' Acts 19:11-12. a)  And God was doing  b)  Extraordinary miracles c)  By the hands of Paul, d)  So that even han...